Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How To Succeed

No, I haven't forgotten about this lonely internet place mark. I've been spending my free time writing, believe it or not. I'm at the 17,000 word mark of my book which means only 63k or so to go, woo-hoo!

So, in the interest of doing something with this space, I've decided to post some of the stuff I wrote from ages ago when my mind was in a completely different place.

This piece is about 8 years old, and it describes the quickest path to success:

The key is not to ask why.

Move forward, at a breakneck speed, using any advantage you encounter.

Never hesitate to toss impunity into the face of the other man.

Sand is good for blinding your enemies.

Trust no one.

Sleep with one eye open.

Keep secrets from yourself, as well as others.

The fist is the sharpest sword, darkness your only friend, shrouds of secrecy the uniform, brazen lies the code word.

Always underestimate yourself, never the enemy.

Believe in nothing, nobody, not even you.

Neglect your sanity.

No comments: