Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ever Feel

Like It's Just Not Good Enough? Really? Me too!

I had the weirdest day yesterday. On the way out of the door THE BOSS asked me if I had a second which is never a good question when you're on the way out the door. The long and short of it was that it came back to the office (fourth hand) that I'd been on a job site undermining one of our products. Someone, I'm pretty sure who it is too and we shall have words if we run into each other, twisted my words to the effect of "The reason why you're having so many failures is because you bought a cheap product."

I work for a sales based company, meaning the continued health, well being and existence of the place that gives me paychecks relies on their ability to SELL STUFF. So I was floored that I found myself in THE BOSS' office defending words that I never certainly said. My biggest fear is that the people that I work with would think I'd actually say something like that... ain't that a trip. All I'm worried about is whether my coworkers think I'm a stand-up guy or not.

Now that that's off the chest I want to give a quick plug to Zee Dropbox.

Dropbox is a nifty little app that lets you store multiple files on multiple computers with ease. You install the software on as many computers that you want and it creates a folder that exists on the other computers. Whenever you drag something into the folder or update a file in the folder, magical interweb tentacles reach into your computer and immediately connect it to the other computers.

It's great say if you're working on an 80,000 word book in lyrical prose about an overweight former mob goon that continually loses his hat. You can start in the morning on one computer switch to another and end up on the same one without having to drag a flash drive around. Not that their heavy or anything but I have a hard time remembering to bring mine home consistently.

1 comment:

Addis said...

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.